The Christians for Liberty 2015 Conference has an absolutely incredible lineup of speakers from all across the country – ranging from philosophers, economists, professionals in politics, theologians, and educators. Indeed, I can hardly remember a conference that I have attended having such a solid list of amazing Christian thinkers. If you haven’t signed up yet, there’s still time! You won’t regret it – pick up your tickets today! And while you’re at it, like our Facebook Page, let people know you are coming at the Facebook event, and share the conference page on Facebook and Twitter.
As our final additions to the schedule, we are proud to welcome Stephanie Slade, Jacqueline Isaacs, TK Coleman, and Wes Benedict.
Stephanie Slade is the Deputy Managing Editor of Reason Magazine. Prior to joining Reason, Slade worked as a speechwriter, a pollster, and a regular contributor for U.S. New and World Report. In 2013, she was named a finalist for the Bastiat Prize for Journalism. She’s a proud graduate of the University of Florida, where she earned a B.A. in economics. She also has an M.A. in political communications from American University.
Jacqueline Isaacs is a faculty member of the American Studies Program with the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities. She previously has worked with the Institute for Faith, Work, and Economics and the Values and Capitalism blog.
T.K. Coleman is the Education Director for Praxis, a 10-month apprenticeship program that combines a traditional liberal arts education with practical skills training, 1-on-1 coaching, academic mentoring, group discussions, professional-development workshops, and real-word business experience. “To engage the world with a sense of wonder, curiosity, and reverence for the possible is, in my opinion, one of life’s greatest pleasures and privileges.”
Wes Benedict is the Executive Director of the Libertarian National Committee at the Libertarian Party’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. He formerly was the Executive Director of the Libertarian Party of Texas, which is a gracious sponsor of this year’s Christians for Liberty Conference. While in Texas, Wes broke records and made Texas one of the best performing state Libertarian Party chapters.
This brings our final count to an amazing fifteen total speakers! How are we packing this all into a single day? Easy, we will have two concurrent tracks of speakers on Saturday, and you can of course go back and forth when you want. Plus, you’ll have 15 minutes between each session to get up, move around, talk to new people, get some coffee, and see exhibitors. So, you will have a little bit of choosing to do while you’re here, but you really can’t go wrong with any of these great people.
Here is the final speaker list you can look forward to at this year’s Christians for Liberty Conference.
- Keynote: Lawrence Reed, President of the Foundation for Economics Education (FEE)
- Keynote: Dr. Laurence Vance, Author and blogger at LibertarianChristians.com and LewRockwell.com
- Dr. Norman Horn (that’s me!)
- Doug Bandow, Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute
- Dr. Shawn Ritenour, Acton Institute scholar and Professor of Economics at Grove City College
- Prof. Sherri Wall, Professor of Economics at University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Doug Stuart, LibertarianChristians.com
- Dr. Mark Cherry, Professor of Philosophy at St. Edwards University
- Colin Gunn, Documentary Filmmaker of Wait Till It’s Free
- Jason Rink, Executive Director of the Foundation for a Free Society
- Two panelists from the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
- Stephanie Slade, Deputy Managing Editor of Reason Magazine
- Jacqueline Isaacs, Council of Christian Colleges and Universities
- TK Coleman, Education Director for Praxis
- Wes Benedict, Executive Director of the Libertarian National Committee
Remember, everything starts on 9am August 8th, and we have a special Friday night event at 7pm as well. Have you reserved your spot yet?