This is the fifth article in a series on taxation leading up to Tax Day, April 15.
Think about all the crazy things you know your tax money pays for…
- Unconstitutional wars
- The Welfare System
- Subsidizing unemployment
- Foreign aid – Seriously, do we just hate the human race or what?
- Regulation upon regulation
- Corporate welfare
- Stupid retail development projects
- Paying this guy’s salary
- The War on Drugs
- The War on Poverty
- The War on Terror
- Inauguration expenses – Why should I pay for people to go worship a state leader?
- Stopping “climate change”
- Oil subsidies
- Public transportation programs that no one uses
- Cow fart research – well, actually they research enteric fermentation…
- Morally dubious research, such as stem-cells, abortion, and America’s very real WMD programs
- Disaster relief that doesn’t work (cf. FEMA)
- Social Security
- The Department of Education (down with nationalized public schools!)
- The REAL ID Act and its execution
- Congressmen’s salaries – I wonder how interested they would be in passing laws if they didn’t get paid for it…
- Socialized health care (including Medicare)
- Vampire Cops
Sometimes I feel that paying my taxes.. is like throwing money down a giant hole…
(Pardon the mild profanity at the beginning of the video.)
We’re just getting started here, that list can go on and on… Want to add something? Comment below and I’ll put it up! Links are good too, just remember that if you put more than 2 than the comment is automatically held for moderation.