Latest posts by Dr. Norman Horn (see all)
- Paris and What Should Be Done - November 15, 2015
- Christianity, Libertarianism, and the Drug War (Video) - November 12, 2015
- Reader questions on war, violence, and overturning tables - October 30, 2015
Recapping interesting and significant news in the recent weeks…
In the past few weeks, we have encountered a new pope, a currency downfall in Cyprus, filibusters, and many other curious news bits. Here are some that you might have missed.
Art Lindsey discusses how renewing our character and work will help renew our culture. This is definitely a must read of the week!
Doug Stuart recently alerted me to a few interesting articles to share. First, theologian N.T. Wright presents a new reading of the book of Romans. Next, just in time for Easter, we find that Jesus was guilty! To find out of what, follow the link. :)
The White House is now admitting that Obamacare is going to make insurance more expensive – not less! Surprise! Thanks, Capitalism Institute, for pushing this story.
Did you know the government enjoys dealing in malware? Yes, Virginia, they do, and it will make the internet more dangerous for everyone.
At the Independent Institute, Mary Theroux criticizes the Oscars.
Stephan Kinsella recently published a perspective on precisely who is a libertarian. It is important to be accepting of people who want to become part of the movement, but we need to know the fundamentals as well.
Very soon, LCC will be set up to receive tips in bitcoins from interested donors. If you’ve never heard of bitcoins before, check out Bitcoin.org and WeUseCoins.com to learn about this up-and-coming crypto-currency. Or, watch this neat little video:
Have you missed out on the latest at LCC recently? Here are the most recent articles this week:
- Alexander Campbell, Tolbert Fanning, David Lipscomb: A Nineteenth-Century Anti-War Triumvirate
- John Howard Yoder on “Managing the World”
- Can artists make money without copyrights?
- How the Church can reasonably respond to same-sex marriage
- Liberals, Conservatives, and the Welfare State
Share your thoughts and news in the comments below. I read every single one and respond to most!