Looking for that perfect last-minute gift for that special Christian Libertarian in your life? Here are some helpful books they might enjoy. Some of these I have talked about before (but I don’t mind mentioning them again), some I hope you’ll consider purchasing as a gift or for your personal library. By the way, you have three days two days, oh, about 4 hours left to order from Amazon and have the free super-saver shipping get your stuff to you on time.
- The Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul – An absolutely essential book for all Americans, so give it to ANYBODY who you think will listen.
- A Foreign Policy of Freedom: Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship by Ron Paul – Perfect for the foreign policy buff.
- Christian Theology of Public Policy by John Cobin – This book contains the best treatment of Romans 13 that you will find in contemporary theology. You MUST get this book if you are interested in Biblical interpretation.
- Bible and Government by John Cobin – Another great book by John, and less expensive than the previously mentioned book.
- Turn Neither to the Right Nor to the Left (Christian Life and Public Policy Series) by D. Eric Schansberg – This book has been on my radar for a while and I hope to add it to my bookshelf soon.
- The Church and the Market: A Catholic Defense of the Free Economy (Studies in Ethics and Economics) by Thomas Woods – Tom has made a HUGE contribution to the Catholic tradition in this work, and I highly recommend it to ANY Protestant Christian as well. Remember, we’re all in this together!
- The Myth of a Christian Nation: How the Quest for Political Power Is Destroying the Church by Gregory Boyd – I’ve recently begun reading this book and I’ve been quite impressed by Boyd’s command of history. I think it’s definitely worth having around.
- The Road to Serfdom — The Definitive Edition by F.A. Hayek – How can you live without a copy of one of the most important books of our time? This printing is just beautiful as well…
- Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism by Robert Paper – Dying to Win is a book recommended by Ron Paul in the Revolution book at the end, and I just picked it up recently. Obviously, it’s about suicide terrorism and why they do it.
- We Who Dared to Say No to War: American Antiwar Writing from 1812 to Now by Thomas Woods and Murray Polner – This is a collection of antiwar writings from all across the timeline of American history. It includes multiple selections by Christian preachers and theologians, such as Alexander Campbell and David Lipscomb.
Thanks to the commenters, we have some suggestions for some other books as well:
Scott Ritsema: The Way, the Truth, and the Sword by Scott Ritsema (neat!)
Chris Baker: The God of the Machine by Isabel Patterson
KTHX3819: Christianity and War and Other Essays Against the Warfare State by Laurence Vance (of course!)
jdavidb: Democracy: The God that Failed by Hans-Hermann Hoppe
And for ncloud’s sake: The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Once again, have a merry Christmas!