The Libertarians on Fire podcast graciously hosted LCI for a discussion about Christianity and libertarianism this past Friday. Our longtime friend Jackson Trigg is a regular co-host on the podcast, and he arranged everything with moderator Rick Rivers for a lively back and forth on a lot of different topics.
Here’s some of what we discussed:
- How the church I attended as a teenager used fear tactics and peer pressure to get people saved so they woudn’t have to spend eternal life burning in hell
- What is a Christian?
- Christian statists — from the left and the right — and why it’s not all their fault
- How the bible portrays the State
- Is Christian libertarianism more anarchist or minarchist?
- The hypocrisy of right-wing Christians who claim to be “pro-life” yet are also pro-war
- The libertarian Christian perspective on abortion
- The phony Republican solutions that right-wing Christians stubbornly and hopelessly cling to
- Different perspectives on the end times (do most Christians believe in the rapture?)
- Why Norman started the Libertarian Christian Institute (and some exciting new developments with LCI)
- And much more!
Go to Libertarians on Fire to listen in! Many thanks to Rick for being a great host and asking excellent questions, and to Jackson for his steadfast support and encouragement.